2016 was an incredible year for The B Fund and we were thrilled by the number of kids who joined our growing group of brave and compassionate kids looking to perform acts of kindness, both big and small.
We are kicking off 2017 with our “I will be” Campaign where we invite kids of ALL AGES, yes that can be you too, to share what they want to be in 2017! The goal of this campaign is to spark conversations with others and inspire them to identify one word that they will aspire to become or continue being. For example:
In 2017 I will be HELPFUL
In 2017 I will be KIND
Participation is simple and can be accomplished in a few easy steps:
1. Supplies needed:
- One 8 ½ X 11 white sheet of blank paper
- One black marker. (Think black sharpie)
2. Once you have the materials ready, take a few moments to inform them that you are both going to identify one word you will aim to be in 2017. For example, you may want to start with your own example.
• “This year, I want to make a difference. When I think about people who make a difference, I would describe them as:
• Next, chose one for yourself and say “In 2017 I want to be…(insert your word)"
• Now it is their turn! BE PREPARED for the following answers:
◦ “I want to be a football player, actress or they may say I want to be ME.”
◦ Congratulate them on aspiring to be something great but ask them “what about being “you” or a “football” player is great?” How would you describe yourself or the football player you want to be? It is important to get them to understand that each individual is made up of wonderful qualities that make them unique.
• Next, you are ready to write your word on the sheet of paper. Please make sure you write the word in LARGE letters and if possible, make sure it is neat! After this is complete, have your child hold up the document in front of their chest and take a picture of them.
• Last but not least, email your photo to [email protected] so we can share your efforts and inspire others to determine “What they will be in 2017!”
BE BRAVE, BE KIND AND BE THE ONE TO INSPIRE OTHERS IN 2017